"Serving the Community"
Whiston first appears in recorded history in the 13th century but it is believed its roots go much further back.
Whiston has had several names throughout its history from Quistan(1245), Wystan, Quystan(1278), Whystan, Whytstan, Whyghstan(1292), Quistan(1346) and then finally to Whiston in around 1355.
Whiston Rural District Council was formed under the Local Government Act in 1894 and became Whiston Parish Council in 1974. During this time Whiston operated under Lancashire. Boundaries changed and Whiston became part of the Borough of Knowsley.
The main industries within Whiston were mining, farming and a quarry. These are represented on the Whiston Town Council crest.